We'd love to hear from you if you want to
- Join a quickly growing, profitable startup ($5M contracts won in last 18 months)
- Work on a product with hypergrowth metrics (14X revenue in last 12 months)
- Solve problems in a huge market ($1T market size)
- Work on products that have an impact in the real world
About this role
As the Capture and Proposal Strategist at Picogrid, you will play a crucial role in our go-to-market team. Collaborating with founders, engineers, and the business development team, you will lead the creation of elegant solutions and winning proposals for the US Department of Defense's critical missions.
Your role will require outstanding writing skills, technical acumen, and project management to deliver quality proposals on time, make complex decisions independently, and clearly articulate complex technical concepts.
At Picogrid, we value creativity, honesty, and a proactive mindset. While managing timelines will be a key part of your role, you'll also be expected to swiftly adapt and accelerate in response to unique opportunities that arise.
In this role, you'll
- Act as the primary author and project manager for Requests for Information (RFI) and Proposal (RFP) responses.
- Engage with senior DoD personnel, end users, and teaming partners, tailoring your communication style to suit different audiences.
- Gain thorough knowledge of Picogrid's products and effectively demonstrate their alignment with the critical mission requirements of current and prospective Defense clients.
- Maintain a superior proposal infrastructure, incorporating best practices from major defense contractors and the commercial sector, and improve the caliber of written content.
Who you are
- You are knowledgeable about defense technology and acquisition processes.
- You enjoy ownership. You don’t wait for work to be assigned, take pride in getting the job done, and seek feedback at crucial junctures.
- You proficiently use modern tools like Large Language Models to optimize your workflows.
- You can be outgoing and thoughtfully navigate organizations, but also hunker down to get the proposal through the finish line.
- You can develop a compelling 5-page proposal in under three hours; yet, you never let a bad proposal leave the door.
Some types of experiences we're especially excited to see:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a technical field (preferably Engineering or Natural Sciences)
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in Technical Writing, Capture Management, Management Consulting, Government Business Development, or similar roles, especially at a leading defense technology company.
- A proven track record in writing successful proposals (personally led proposal efforts resulting in at least $5M won across multiple efforts), with the ability to showcase high-quality examples of written prose and presentations on technical subjects.
- In-depth market knowledge within the Defense and Intelligence sectors, particularly in areas like joint/all-domain Command and Control (C2), intelligence, and tactical communications.
- A nuanced understanding of relevant contract types, particularly focusing on aspects like Small Business Innovation Research and Firm Fixed Price contracts. Expertise in identifying and leveraging the drivers of Probability of Win (Pwin) in these contexts.
- Experience spanning the entire business development lifecycle, from initial qualification and positioning to proposal development and submission.
- Active or eligibility to obtain a US Government Security Clearance, noting that such clearances are only granted to US citizens.
Why join us?
Picogrid is a profitable, quickly growing company building hardware-software systems for public and private sector customers. We offer:
- Meaningful equity with a high upside (early stage)
- Minimum starting salary of $100,000 + Performance Incentive
- Unlimited PTO and eleven paid holidays
- Full Health Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Daily office-provided lunches and dinners
- Remote/hybrid-friendly work environment
- Paid parental leave
- A $300 per year learning stipend that can be used on Audible, Calm, Masterclass, Duolingo, and more
- A one-time stipend of $500 to assist with expenses that come with setting up a home office
- Unique office on Main Street in El Segundo, CA, stocked with quality coffee, snacks, and craft beer
Picogrid is a defense technology company that builds a common platform for autonomous systems.
We connect fragmented technologies including visual surveillance, radar, and electronic warfare to enable new capabilities across sensors, artificial intelligence, and command and control systems.
From day one, your work will touch the lives of our users across the U.S. Army, Air Force, CAL FIRE, PG&E, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife, and others.
Export Control Requirements
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.