We'd love to hear from you if you want to
- Join a quickly growing, profitable startup ($5M contracts won in last 18 months)
- Work on a product with hypergrowth metrics (14X revenue in last 12 months)
- Solve problems in a huge market ($1T market size)
- Work on products that have an impact in the real world
About this role
Picogrid is looking for a Product Designer who is passionate about advancing the state of the art in defense. As a foundational member of Picogrid's product team, you will work closely with our founders, engineering team, and sales organization to define our design language and bring product ideas to life.
In this role you'll
- Produce detailed concepts and prototypes combining user input, engineering constraints, and product vision
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle
- Take ownership of our company's design language and ensure that it's consistently applied across our software and hardware product portfolio
Who you are
- You have a user-focused design mentality. You proactively seek user feedback including hands-on user research and A/B tests to constantly refine designs.
- You are an excellent communicator. You can build and create frameworks, facilitate product research, and brainstorm novel design concepts.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity. You can connect disparate and often conflicting feedback to produce elegant design solutions.
- You have an online portfolio or PDF that you can share.
Some types of experiences we're especially excited to see
- 3+ years working in design at in a fast-paced startup environment
- You have shipped products that have served customers at scale
- You have experience designing data-dense user interfaces
- You have experience in industrial design
- You are able to implement designs with CSS
Why join us?
Picogrid is a profitable, quickly growing company building hardware-software systems for public and private sector customers. We offer:
- Stock options with a high upside (early stage)
- Minimum starting salary of $75,000
- Unlimited PTO and eleven paid holidays
- Full Health Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Daily office-provided lunches and dinners
- Remote/hybrid-friendly work environment
- A $300 per year learning stipend that can be used on Audible, Calm, Masterclass, Duolingo, and more
- A one-time stipend of $500 to assist with expenses that come with setting up a home office
- Unique office in El Segundo, CA, stocked with quality coffee, snacks, and craft beer
- You apply
- A short conversation with our CEO about your work experience and portfolio
- 1-2 hour design product
- Virtual onsite interviews
- We make you an offer 🎉
Picogrid is a defense technology company that builds a common platform for autonomous systems.
We connect fragmented technologies including visual surveillance, radar, and electronic warfare to enable new capabilities across sensors, artificial intelligence, and command and control systems.
From day one, your work will touch the lives of our users across the U.S. Army, Air Force, CAL FIRE, PG&E, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife, and others.
Export Control Requirements
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.