We'd love to hear from you if you want to
- Join a quickly growing, profitable startup ($5M contracts won in last 18 months)
- Work on a product with hypergrowth metrics (14X revenue in last 12 months)
- Solve problems in a huge market ($1T market size)
- Work on products that have an impact in the real world
About this role
Picogrid is looking for a Electrical Hardware Development Engineer who is passionate about advancing the state of the art in defense. As a foundational member of Picogrid's engineering team, you will work closely with our founders to define our core technology stack, engineering culture, and product roadmap.
In this role
- You will design, test, and deploy electromechanical systems to enable the deployment of autonomous sensor technology across the globe
- You will raise the bar for defense technology and set a new paradigm for how autonomous systems are designed and deployed
- You will NOT get bored, working across diverse engineering problems and eventually shaping your role as an individual contributor or manager
- You will work alongside top machine learning, hardware, and software engineers
Who you are
- You take extreme ownership and maintain a deep understanding of your hardware through detailed design, hardware bring-up/characterization/testing, requirements generation/verification, and by seeing your hardware through all aspects of its lifecycle
- You thrive in fast-paced environments with fluctuating requirements and blank-sheet designs
- You test and iterate on designs to enable high-field reliability and performance in all environments and use cases
- You are able to define electrical architecture and design, product requirements, component selection, analysis, and schematic capture with thorough documentation
- You are experienced in circuit and full-product bring-up, debugging, troubleshooting and confidence, acceptance, and qualification best practices
Some types of experiences we're especially excited to see
- 3+ years of professional experience designing and delivering production-ready electrical systems
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, mechatronics, computer engineering, or another engineering discipline
- You have a multidisciplinary background with an ability to work closely with software, firmware, mechanical, PCB layout, integration test, manufacturing, and deployment teams
- Active clearance or eligible to obtain clearance
- Experience (or interest in) building climate tech, defense tech, or related fields
Why join us?
Picogrid is a profitable, quickly growing company building hardware-software systems for public and private sector customers. We offer:
- Stock options with a high upside (early stage)
- Minimum starting salary of $110,000
- Unlimited PTO and eleven paid holidays
- Full Health Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Daily office-provided lunches and dinners
- Remote/hybrid-friendly work environment
- A $300 per year learning stipend that can be used on Audible, Calm, Masterclass, Duolingo, and more
- A one-time stipend of $500 to assist with expenses that come with setting up a home office
- Unique office in El Segundo, CA, stocked with quality coffee, snacks, and craft beer
- You apply
- Conversation with our engineering team about your work experience
- 1-2 hour take-home project
- Onsite interviews
- We make you an offer 🎉
Picogrid is a defense technology company that builds a common platform for autonomous systems.
We connect fragmented technologies including visual surveillance, radar, and electronic warfare to enable new capabilities across sensors, artificial intelligence, and command and control systems.
From day one, your work will touch the lives of our users across the U.S. Army, Air Force, CAL FIRE, PG&E, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife, and others.
Export Control Requirements
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.